Saturday, February 18, 2012

Resurrection

So over a year ago I (Chris) started this blog. It was one of my first ventures into owning my bit of cyber-space. To be honest, I've forgotten about this blog and the writings I posted, and I was almost ready to delete it when I remembered it existed! Ha.  So much has changed in the last year-and-a-half, it would be impossible to process in one sitting. Although there are a few things I would like to highlight in the resurrection of this blog...

Teaching has been incredibly challenging, but rewarding. I love standing in front of kids every day and learning how to inspire them better. The first year was rough and a bit shaky at times, and now that we're halfway through the second year - its still busy, but I'm finding a pretty good groove. Our school is an exciting place to work, its growing fast, and the staff is incredible - and we're looking forward to an even better year after this one!

Church has also been a life-changing place for us. Shelli and I have grown and matured in wisdom, discernment, and love, among many others. We've gotten plugged in hardcore at New Philly. After a great year of serving on the Tech Team with Pastor Marcus, I've moved into an instrumental position on the worship team (guitarist). I've also recently joined the instrumental staff at the K1 House of Prayer here in Seoul. And I'm also entering into a season of being a small group leader. I hope that I'm even half-as-good as my 3-season small group leader, Brian Kim - who recently got engaged (congrats again bro! and welcome to the club!!). Shelli is serving on the prayer team and has grown so much in love and intercession. I've truly seen her pray with more authority and boldness, and she's received such a genuine heart for those around us (and those not so close~!). Oh yeah, Shelli made it as a vocalist on the K1 HoP team as well (way to go, babe!).

Our married life is also continually full of blessings. We're much busier now than we've been in the past and we're learning to balance school and work, church, and personal hobbies. I would like to see us go on more dates and weekends away together, though... The first year-and-a-half of our marriage was honestly a blast. A lot of couples warned us that the first year is the hardest... but we really didn't experience that. Sure, we had ups-and-downs, but it was always enjoyable and full of love. Our philosophy is that life is only going to get better. So we know that the next several years are going to be way awesome-er than the first!

Which brings me back to my purpose in writing and resurrecting this blog. One of Shelli's new year's resolutions is to start blogging, and we've decided that this is going to be another adventure that we're undertaking together. So stay tuned, and look forward to many more writings from me - Chris - and my wife - Shelli - to share in our lives, struggles, and joys together!


Oh, and our blog's name may be changing in the near future...

No comments:

Post a Comment