Sunday, March 25, 2012

A look at our Saturday Routine

I love Saturdays. And although it's been quite a while since we've had a restful one, there's always something I look forward to most on Saturdays. And that's breakfast!

We normally make my favorite... french toast. Usually Shelli is a doll and makes me breakfast and coffee while I get ready for Worship Team practice. But today she wasn't feeling well so I made it for her along with some green tea.

Interestingly, we seem to run out of something essential by the weekend: bread... eggs... milk... or something else. But I just love french toast so much that I usually wake up and get dressed early so that I can buy what we need.

Here's our local Korean grocery store. It was the place of origin for many nightmares when we first came to this country. We've since grown accustomed to the constant shouting from the merchants, the lack of english on packages, and at one point the delivery guy had our address memorized.

Although there is often one thing missing from our breakfast that I prefer above all else... bacon. Its just too dang expensive to buy here at the foreign food marts, and I mean waaaay too expensive. Even the Korea style is expensive, and it doesn't do justice the what I'm used too in the midwest.

You look like bacon...
but you don't taste like it!





No comments:

Post a Comment