Saturday, August 25, 2012

Marriage Is Such a Silly Thing

Shelli and I recently celebrated our two-year anniversary, and I think we are still learning how truly blessed and in love we are.

One thing I love about my wife and our marriage is how much fun and laughter we have. In high school I was always drawn to how bubbly and fun-loving Shelli's personality was, and she's the type of person to bring that out in others. I met her just at the time that I was starting to "grow up"... if you know what I mean. I was starting to become too cool for things like band, and cartoons, and being nice to people around you. But it didn't take long for her to break me of this.

And now after so many years of being friends, we continue to enjoy the fruits of the friendship we cultivated. One of my all-time favorite things to do is laugh. Not chuckle, or crack up, but that hardcore, gut-busting laughter that brings tears to your eyes and makes it hard to breath. Today that happened...

...twice.

All because we just love to have fun. And it wasn't because of anything special except that we like to be silly. I'm sure if somebody else was watching us than they would have thought we were stupid. But we have such a freedom with each other, such a vulnerability with one another, that we just take life with joy.

Our silliness is something we will never lose. I can remember times in high school after a good laugh and Shelli would ask me... "Chris. Do you ever think we'll stop being so silly?"

To which I would always reply, "We haven't yet. Why would we stop?"


1 comment:

  1. happy two year anniversary!!! i hope that this third year is so much sweeter. miss you two! :)

    ReplyDelete