Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Busan Vacation - Day 2

The most comforting thought to me comes when I lay down to go to bed, and not have a specific time that I need to wake up. I love not setting an alarm! This morning we woke up at about 10:00 am, and it felt great! Except for some reason Shelli and I have been plagued by a runny and/or congested nose since we've been here. Bummer...

When we woke up, we drank some coffee, at some toast, and then walked about 5 minutes to the beach since the weather was awesome!


Panaramic picture taken with Photaf on my Android
We couldn't have asked for a better day. It was about 63 degrees with a slight wind - perfect for shorts and a long sleeve shirt. I even had to put sunblock on. We chilled and read for a while and then rented a volleyball and played a few games with Collin and Megan (of which Shelli and I lost). What was funny was we began to draw a Korean crowd (mostly ajoshis - old men), who would interrupt our game to try and give Shelli some pointers on how to play the game. :)

For lunch we ate some more seafood. We picked a random restaurant and a random dish on the menu. Shelli picked a delicious, hot squid soup with plenty of veggies. I ended up with a cold squid dish doused in sesami oil, soy sauce, and sugar. Definitely not my favorite. For some reason when we do things like that, she ends up picking a meal that ends up being larger, cheaper, and almost always better tasting then I do. Thankfully she's so sharing!

In the afternoon we ended up checking out the Busan Aquraium that was right on the beach. It was way better than I expected. We saw some amazing jellyfish, sharks, spider-crabs, porpoises, and more. It wasn't as good as some of the aquarium's back home -but it was definitely worth spending an afternoon at.

Tomorrow will be our last full day in Busan and Shelli and I have absolutely nothing planned. I think that would disappoint some people, but we are actually super excited for it. We may end up doing some reading, some shopping, more hanging out at the beach, take a long walk, go catch a movie, not sure yet. Whatever we end up doing will be great... because it's our vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment